Monday, May 4, 2009

My Old Knees or Bad Running Shoes?

HEALTHY FIT WOMAN -Find a Healthy You
Healthy fit woman provides exercise and health advice and products for women.

Ok -- I am not that old really. Have not hit 30 yet (30 is not old by the way). I have always hated running do to its quickness to induce my asthma. I seem to get a little bit more out of my workouts as far as longevity and leg toning when I walk. Well, one day I was doing my 4.1 mph speed walk and decided to do a little jog. The jog turned into a run and I just kept doing it and I repeated this through the week. Running became enjoyable. I gave myself the weekend to rest and went out to jog again on Monday, only... when I went to run, my knees would not lift up. It felt like I had bone rubbing against bone. It was awful. I'm thinking to myself, "maybe I was not meant to run", or "maybe I have early degeneration of the knees", or what if my shoes are bad? I also thought, "Wait! if George W. Bush and Bill Clinton could get up and run every morning during their presidencies, I should be able to run daily too. I then bought some Glucosamine with Chondrointin, in a joint health formula. I've heard that it is good for building a cushion between joints. I started taking it and I began to feel better. I mean..granted, I was not running for fear of damage to my joints, but I have to say that I could walk without feeling that stiffness. I'm still not sure if it was the Glucosamine with Chondrointin, or just the fact that I gave myself a rest. I'm thinking that since it's been about a month, I can give it a try -- I mean with my new cushioned joints and all. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good pair of running shoes?

Stay tuned. I'll update on my running experience. By the way -- I've heard it said that studies of the longest living communities in the world, i.e. tribes and groups, do not run. Running breaks down the body very fast and apparently, not running is how they maintain their longevity.

I found this Joint Formula.
.


Joint Formula

JOINT ADVANCE SUPPORTS HEALTHY JOINTS

Benefits:
    Joint Advance is a unique advanced formula especially created with you in mind. There are many joint supplements on the market today. But Joint Advance is ahead of all of them because it has so many all-natural herbal ingredients.




1 comment:

  1. Ok, it was the shoes. Just bought a new pair of Nike running shoes and it felt so much better when I ran. I still take the Glucosamine with Chondrointin -- hey! it can't hurt! ; )

    ReplyDelete